|Posting Number: |
|Job Title: ||Maintenance Worker|
| ||Open until filled |
|Job Class: ||Laborer|
|Job Hours: ||M-F 8-5|
|Salary: ||$25,866.95 to $29,557.73|
| ||Starting salary D.O.Q.|
|Description: ||This is a non-exempt, labor position located in the Public Works Department.|
To assist in maintaining the City’s infrastructure involving the maintenance of water & wastewater distribution systems, parks and streets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Operates vehicles and heavy equipment.
In each of the duties describe below you will be assisting in,
And various other duties when called upon.
- Tapping water mains and installing new water meters and service connections.
- Sewer blockage and manhole maintenance.
- Main line breaks and water leaks repairs.
- Excavating, shoring placement, back fills and landscaping.
- Street & alley projects, maintenance & repair.
- Laying asphalt, concrete, mixing & pouring cement mortar, filling potholes, cleaning & repairing catch basins, storm drains.
- Responsible for care & maintenance of tools & equipment.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Must perform assigned duties in a safe manner.
- Ability to observe and detect equipment problems and report same to supervisory personnel.
- Must be able to interact in a positive manner with co-workers, supervisors, and the public.
- Ability to work in inclement weather for long periods of time.
- Ability to understand and comply with oral and written instructions.
- Ability to obtain and retain Oklahoma State Certification (Class “D” water and wastewater licenses, minimum) within one year of employment.
- HS graduate or GED equivalent
- Valid Class "D" Oklahoma Driver's License.
- Must possess & maintain a driving record acceptable to the City's insurance carrier.
- Must be willing & able to serve on call duty and respond to call-out for unforeseen events within the City affecting water supply and is required to work long and/or unusual hours and overtime when needed.
- Vocational-Technical course(s) in mechanical equipment maintenance or related discipline.
- A class (B) or greater Oklahoma Commercial Driver’s License.
- Positions in this class typically require: climbing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of forces constantly to move objects.
- Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, and intense noises.
Nichols Hills is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here for an application.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER