Grand Blvd Paving will continue Tuesday morning May 22, 2018. Grand Blvd will be closed from Nichols Road to Sherwood Lane. Sherwood Lane to NW 63rd will be closed on June 5th for concrete paving until project is completed. Projected completion date is July 1, 2018. (Project PC-1702)
The mission of the Nichols Hills Police Department is to preserve the peace and protect and serve all who live or work in, as well as those who travel through, our City, and in so doing, to make a meaningful contribution to the quality of life in our community. As we endeavor to accomplish our mission, we acknowledge the following:
The Nichols Hills Police Department exists because of the community we serve. We are an organization of professionals committed to providing the highest level of police service in a sensitive and positive manner to all, regardless of race, creed, or lifestyle.
We recognize the value of human life and the dignity of all people and strive to treat those with whom we come in contact with fairness, compassion and respect. We recognize the importance of working together, as members of the Nichols Hills Police Department to maintain a work environment that promotes trust, faith, respect and interpersonal support for all.
Our uniform is a symbol of public trust and we wear it with great pride. With this in mind we realize it is incumbent upon each of us to serve our City and to maintain the confidence of our community. We are committed, in partnership with people of Nichols Hills, to the creation of mutual trust which will allow us to work together in preventing crime, in resolving mutual concerns and in establishing a safe and secure environment.
We recognize that the test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder and not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with them. Excellence, Respect, Integrity, Pride and Cooperation serve as our "value anchors" as we strive each day to carry out our mission. Above and beyond is our standard.
The vision of the Nichols Hills police department is to create and maintain a just community in which there is respect for human dignity and cultural diversity and the commitment to encourage police officers and all employees to act for the good of society.
This requires each of us to:
1. Treat all people with respect, fairness and compassion.
2. Value each employee’s and citizen’s contribution to the department and the community regardless of position, assignment or role;
3. Create a work environment that encourages innovation, input and participation, and values each member’s diversity;
4. Work in partnership with each other and the community to reach an environment where we are all accountable and responsible to one another.
5. We will protect the community we serve by being a high profile, personalized and professional police department, utilizing the latest and most efficient training and technology to better serve the city of Nichols Hills and the community in general. Our motto will be: “To have high professional standards of integrity and ethics, guided by the spirit of the law”.