For up to date information on the Coronavirus use this link: Oklahoma State Department of Health
Due to extended rain periods, the opening of Trenton and Tedford will occur April 14th.
As storm season approaches here are a few items to consider:
1. THE CITY OF NICHOLS HILLS DOES NOT HAVE A PUBLIC STORM SHELTER!
2. Know what to do in case of severe weather – plan and practice a tornado drill at home with your family.
3. If you have a storm shelter/safe room make sure it is accessible and cleaned out.
4. If you have a large enough storm shelter shelter/safe room and don’t mind sharing, let you’re neighbors know.
5. Some items that you should have in your shelter include but is not limited to:
- a flashlight
- a portable radio or weather radio
- extra batteries (for the flashlight and radio)
- a first-aid kit
- cell phone
~ You can register your storm shelter/safe room with the Nichols Hills Fire Department by calling 843-8526 M-F 8:00am-4:30pm. By doing this it will help us know where to look in a weather emergency. ~
For more information on severe weather and what to do you can visit:
Nation Weather Service in Norman – www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/
KFOR Channel 4 – www.kfor.com
KWTV Channel 9 – www.newsok.com
KOCO Channel 5 – www.channeloklahoma.com