Grand Blvd Paving will continue Tuesday morning May 22, 2018. Grand Blvd will be closed from Nichols Road to Sherwood Lane. Sherwood Lane to NW 63rd will be closed on June 5th for concrete paving until project is completed. Projected completion date is July 1, 2018. (Project PC-1702)
Sec. 3-7. Time restriction on exterior sound-producing devices. All alarm systems equipped with any exterior sound-producing device including but not limited to gongs, buzzers, sirens, bells or horns shall be equipped with a time device which limits the operation of such sound-producing device to a continuous 15 minutes, except that commercial establishments shall be allowed a continuous 30 minutes of operation of the sound-producing devices.
Sec. 3-8. Requirements for installations.
(a) An alarm system permit is required. Any owner or occupant who desires to install an alarm system shall first apply for and obtain a permit from the department on a form to be provided by the department. Any person who desires to continue use of an alarm system for which such a permit was not obtained shall obtain an alarm system permit on a form to be provided by the department. Each application shall be signed by the applicant and shall include, among other things, the following:
(1) The name, address and telephone number of the alarm user.
(2) The name, address and telephone number of the alarm business that did or will install the system.
(3) The name, address and telephone number of the alarm business with which the user will contract for repair service.
(4) The name, address and telephone number of the agency to which the alarm system will be connected for monitoring.
(5) The name, address and telephone number of at least two other persons with access to the premises protected by the alarm system.
(b) Failure of any alarm user to update any of the information required to obtain an alarm system permit as changes occur shall constitute a violation of this Code.
(c) Alarm notification to the department from any alarm site without a valid alarm system permit shall constitute a violation of this Code.
(d) The permit described in subsection (a) of this section shall be valid for a 12-month period from date of issuance by the department and must be renewed at the end of each 12-month period unless revoked under the provisions of this chapter.
(e) Except where modified or qualified elsewhere herein, the following standards shall apply:
(1) All alarm systems installed in commercial establishments or residences, unless installed by the owner/occupant, shall be installed by an alarm business holding a current license issued by the state and a current registration with the city.
(2) All triggering devices utilized in alarm systems within the city shall be adjusted to the degree reasonably possible to suppress nonvalid indications of fire or instruction, so that alarms shall not be activated by natural phenomena, including but not limited to, transient pressure changes in water pipes, short flashes of light, wind noises or exterior pressure change, such as rattling or vibration of windows or sonic booms, and vehicular noise adjacent to the installation.
(3) Alarm users shall be responsible for maintaining their alarm systems in good repair at all times in order to ensure reliability of operation and to prevent nonvalid alarm activation.
(4) Alarm users shall have the responsibility for the proper operation of their alarm systems.
(f) All alarm systems which terminate in the department shall be interfaced with monitoring equipment in accordance with standard procedures as published by the department.