Outage Update from OG&E
OG&E Severe Storm Outage Update – August 28, 2019 at 8 a.m.
- Power has been restored for more than 79,000 customers
- As of 7:45 a.m., 37,740 customers remain without power
- So far, crews have replaced 33 poles, 24 crossarms and 14 transformers
- OG&E will get more power restored today, however, due to the extent of damage, restoration estimates are not available at this time.
- Currently, 410 Nichols Hills residents remain without power.
- Customers should expect multi-day outages
- Customers should check their homes to be sure it’s able to take power, please ask them to make sure the meter is still attached to the house.
- There are more than 2300 restoration personnel working restoration
- OG&E has received help from crews in Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Texas, Missouri and Louisiana
- A storm system has not produced this many outages in the metro area since May 31, 2013
Important Safety Tips
- Be safe and stay away from downed power lines
- To report downed power lines, call 800-522-6870
- Please do not approach crews and utility vehicles in your neighborhood. Doing so could jeopardize your safety and will only delay the restoration process.
- Safety precautions should be followed when using a portable generator.
- For your protection, do not post personal information such as addresses, account numbers, phone numbers, etc. on OGE social media channels.
OG&E has a regularly updated outage map on its website, which can be found at the following link: Click Here