Street closing at Nichols Rd between Wilshire Blvd. to Elmhurst Ave. Monday, September 9, 2019 thru Tuesday, September 17, 2019 to replace sanitary sewer line across Nichols Rd.
Outage Update from OG&E
OG&E Severe Storm Outage Update – August 28, 2019 at 8 a.m.
- Power has been restored for more than 79,000 customers
- As of 7:45 a.m., 37,740 customers remain without power
- So far, crews have replaced 33 poles, 24 crossarms and 14 transformers
- OG&E will get more power restored today, however, due to the extent of damage, restoration estimates are not available at this time.
- Currently, 410 Nichols Hills residents remain without power.
- Customers should expect multi-day outages
- Customers should check their homes to be sure it’s able to take power, please ask them to make sure the meter is still attached to the house.
- There are more than 2300 restoration personnel working restoration
- OG&E has received help from crews in Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Texas, Missouri and Louisiana
- A storm system has not produced this many outages in the metro area since May 31, 2013
Important Safety Tips
- Be safe and stay away from downed power lines
- To report downed power lines, call 800-522-6870
- Please do not approach crews and utility vehicles in your neighborhood. Doing so could jeopardize your safety and will only delay the restoration process.
- Safety precautions should be followed when using a portable generator.
- For your protection, do not post personal information such as addresses, account numbers, phone numbers, etc. on OGE social media channels.
OG&E has a regularly updated outage map on its website, which can be found at the following link: Click Here